Writing to BRAM using OPB

Hi all,

I am trying to make a peripheral attached to the OPB bus. This peripheral has a BRAM block in it. The idea is to check how to read and write to the simple BRAM block and later add some logic to the controller.

The data to be written to an address range is written to the BRAM block and data is read when needed by the program (this is what we are trying to implement). We would greatly appreciate any information as to how to go about interpreting the signals on the OPB and also how to write / read the data in the BRAM as per the requests on OPB.

Thanks and Regards, Bhanu

Reply to
Bhanu Chandra

If you use opb_bram_if_cntlr to attach BRAMs to opb bus it will use only one port. The other port can be used to interface with your logic.

-Sovan.

Reply to
sovan

There's an OPB peripheral creation wizard in EDK that should help you. Most of the advanced options you can disable. Once you have an ISE project generated you can make it infer bram with vhdl/verilog formatted as on this page:

-wsacul

Reply to
wsacul