WiFi signal repeater using any virtix fpga

I just started learning about fpga technology, I am looking for a solution to this minor problem. I'm supposed to build a physical layer repeater for a Wi-Fi signal using any of the xilinx products.this is actually a simulation project for school. the intial part is just a physical layer repeater. then i'll have to add the data link layer components for the final part of the project. Any assistance, suggestions will be appreciated.

Reply to
Token

Wow, that's quite a challenging beginners project...

What kind of level do you have in electronics?

antenna phy ASIC FPGA is how i'd start. Dig out the 802 standard to get to grips with wifi, then look around for some Phy ASICs to get some feel for the implementation you could realise.

Ben

Reply to
Benjamin Todd

If you just need to repeat the packets on a different frequency (not demodulate and remodulate) then you can probably use the gnu radio USRP with the flex2400 transceiver. Just google "gnu radio".

-Clark

Reply to
Anonymous