Wierd problem with Xilinx XC9572 ID code

Hello,

I have been using Xilinx 9500 series CPLDs for some time. Usually the slowest grade is sufficient for the bus interfaces, etc. that I do. I use the Parallel Cable III to program them, and know about the problems with that, but I know how to make it work.

I just pulled some new XC9572PC84s out of the tube and got a wierd error message while trying to program them with Impact from the Ise 4.1.03i package. The error was that the BSDL file didn't match the device ID code.

The devices I have been using are marked XC9572 / PC84AMM0229 / A1228011A / 15C

The parts that gave the error are marked XC9572 / PC84ASJ9737 / A1025793A / 10C

The parts that won't program (or do anything else under Impact) are even older, it seems, than the ones that work OK.

Any idea why these devices have an ID code that is unrecognized by Impact? I got some more of the 15C devices and they still program OK.

Thanks,

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I had a similar problem with XC9536 devices. Xilinx told me not to use Impact but to use the older JTAG programming software: Release 3.3WP8.x

That worked OK.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM