Whups. Lattice Diamond says my package does not exist.

Hi all.

I'm stopped. Lattice Diamond does not offer a configuration for designing w
ith my part in the 48-VFQFN package. The LCMXO2-640HC-6SG48I is not availab
le in the drop-down configuration menu. They say the closest they can get i
s the TQFP-100 or CSBGA-132 packages. My PCB and FPGA arrived days ago but
I need a way to do development! Is there a way to configure Lattice Diamond
 so that it supports this 48 pin QFN device, please?

Thanks!

--Len

Re: Whups. Lattice Diamond says my package does not exist.

What version of Diamond do you have?  Maybe you need to update?

--

Rick C

Re: Whups. Lattice Diamond says my package does not exist.
ng with my part in the 48-VFQFN package. The LCMXO2-640HC-6SG48I is not ava
ilable in the drop-down configuration menu. They say the closest they can g
et is the TQFP-100 or CSBGA-132 packages. My PCB and FPGA arrived days ago
but I need a way to do development! Is there a way to configure Lattice Dia
mond so that it supports this 48 pin QFN device, please?

Hi Rick. Well, heck. I'd downloaded and patched 3.9 and assumed that the ic
on on my desktop was linked to the latest version. I was linked to 3.6 inst
ead.
I see that my 3.9 *does* support the QFN48 package.
Is my face red or what.  Thanks!
 --Len

Re: Whups. Lattice Diamond says my package does not exist.

That is both useful and annoying all at the same time. Sometime back I
found by accident that when one upgrades Lattice Diamond it really
doesn't update the software but install a new version while the original
version is still there. Nice if you want multiple versions but if you
don't it's confusing and eats extra space, so now I uninstall the old
Lattice Diamond before installing the new version, and I keep the
license in a separate folder from the software.

--
Cecil - k5nwa

Re: Whups. Lattice Diamond says my package does not exist.

I can't see your face, so I don't know what color it is... lol

I noticed some time back that Lattice installed each new version in a new
folder and does not delete the old version.  Personally I think this is a
*very* good thing so that if something in your code breaks with the new
version you can still use the old without uninstalling the new.

I also was not aware they had added a 48-QFN to the XO2 line and even more
important (to me) they've added an 84 pin QFN with 68 I/Os!  That would
replace an XP part I had in production that is now EOL.  I can still buy
them, but the price keeps going up.  Not sure I'll get any more orders, but
if I do I can do a respin of the board and use the XO2 device.

--

Rick C

Re: Whups. Lattice Diamond says my package does not exist.

Nah, this is minor.  if you'd had PC boards fabbed for a part that didn't
exist, that would make one's face red.

Jon

Site Timeline