Which version of ISE Webpack has FPGA Editor on it?

Hi, there:

I am using ise WebPack for learning purpose. I am learning modular design while I can't live without the FPGA Editor...even if a viewer is okie...

I used ISE w6.1.03, but there is no editor on it.

May I know which version has this functionality on it?

Best Regards, Kelvin

Reply to
kelvin8157

Kelvin @ SG wrote: : Hi, there:

: I am using ise WebPack for learning purpose. I am learning modular design : while : I can't live without the FPGA Editor...even if a viewer is okie...

: I used ISE w6.1.03, but there is no editor on it.

: May I know which version has this functionality on it?

Webpack comes without FPGA Editor...

That's the priceb you have to pay that Webpack comes at no costs...

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

What are you trying to look at?

You may be able to get some of the info you want from the floorplanner. It doesn't show you a detailed wiring, but it does show you the main blocks.

Hal Murray

No versions of WebPack have FPGA Editor. You need a for-money version to get it.

(My other gripe: No versions of WebPack support Linux native. Grumble.)

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,
Stephen Williams

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :-(

design

Reply to
kelvin8157

Doesn't Xilinx need to pay a per-seat royalty for the libraries that provide the capabilities you're lamenting?

Lets all get something free from someone who has to pay for it !!!

Reply to
John_H

What libraries would that be? Isn't FPGA editor their own product? Or is there something not *free* about Linux?

BTW, to Kelvin, since when does WebPack provide support for modular configuration? I would love to know because I would like to use it. But then I really don't mind paying $500 for a tool like this.

John_H wrote:

Reply to
Ralph Malph

The latest Webpack versions now include XDL, Xilinx's nifty ASCII FPGA {dis}assembler, which let you examine/create a ncd file in ASCII form.

Look in %XILINX%\help\data\xdl

Brian

Reply to
Brian Davis

I still use webpack 4.1 version (due to win98) and I have fpga editor ..

regards

jacky

-- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr

jacky Renaux

: I

: I still use webpack 4.1 version (due to win98) and I have : fpga editor ..

At least 6.1 sp1 worked again with win98, according to rumors and my tests with wine running as win98 incarnation.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

Are you sure? Maybe you mean the floorplanner?

Philip

Reply to
Philip Freidin