Which FPGA has most ram in a TQFP144 or smaller non-BGA?

Which affordable FPGA has the most dual port block-ram type resources
in a TQFP144 or smaller
quad flat pack (non-BGA) package, that's actually stocked by
distributors?

I/O requirements and internal logic are fairly limited, but I need a
lot of buffer memory and to fit the device on a very narrow PCB
without the assembly issues of a BGA package.

So far spartan XC3S200 or XC3S250E with 12 x 16K-bit block rams seems
the largest memory in a device that fully meets this constraint.

I'd really like the 16 block rams of the 400 or 500 gate parts or
more, but squeezing in the PQFP-208 they come in is going to be dicey,
and I'd like to avoid going to a BGA package.

Altera does not seem to offer the mid-size cyclones in quad flat
packs, or at least they aren't stocked.

Any other makers with interesting parts?

Re: Which FPGA has most ram in a TQFP144 or smaller non-BGA?

Lattice has several offerings in TQ144, all unfortunately with the
same block RAM capacity as your Spartans (12 x 18 Kb).

Re: Which FPGA has most ram in a TQFP144 or smaller non-BGA?
Xilinx Spartan3 XC3S400 has 16 18k Blockrams, Spartan 3E & 3A only has less
BRAMs FPGA's in TQ144.

see:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds099.pdf

However the VQ100 XC3S500E has 20 18k Blockrams.
see:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds312.pdf

BGA rulez.

MIKE

--
www.oho-elektronik.de
OHO-Elektronik

Thanks - I had not realized this was a possibility.  An XC3S500E in a
VQ100 would be perfect, but the question with obscure die  / package
combos is if they actually make any of them on a regular basis, or
only if someone orders a hundred thousand and is willing to wait a few
months.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing anything bigger than the 3S250E actually
for sale in the VQ100 package.

Re: Which FPGA has most ram in a TQFP144 or smaller non-BGA?

Xilinx is not in the custom IC or package  business.
If ("when" in this case) it is in the data sheet, then your
distributor should either have it on the shelf, or can order it for
you.
That's their job.
Peter Alfke

Re: Which FPGA has most ram in a TQFP144 or smaller non-BGA?

..but the problem with distributors tends to be that for a less-than popular
item,  there is often
a significant MOQ - like a tray-full.
Do Xilinx supply small qtys to distributors?

Re: Which FPGA has most ram in a TQFP144 or smaller non-BGA?

The new package options for S3E and S3A seem not to be available @ digikey
at the moment.

8 weeks ago, i ordered a few of the XC3S500E-4VQG100C parts @ silica,
delivery time was advertised to be 26 weeks, but after 2 weeks they were on
my table.

Similar delivery situation with XC3S50A-4VQG100C. After 1 week, i had them.
I'm still waiting for the XC3S200A-4VQG100C, which are announced to be
delivered in August 2008.

Some more package options for the S3AN would be very appreciated in the
industrial environment.
Product managers often are (very) afraid of the possibility, that one bit in
the configuration memory of the FPGA is toggling by SEU.
S3AN seems to be the best solution for configuration bit verification during
operation.
Maybe there is a serious space problem for the 2 chip S3AN, which doesn't
allow a XC3S400A-TQG144C.

MIKE

--
www.oho-elektronik.de