Where do I find CMOS image sensors and lenses?

Hi everyone,

I would to interface a CMOS image sensor to my FPGA. I'm looking for low-end sensor and a matching lens. Nothing fancy or several mega pixels - just the bare minimum. Do any of you have a few links to vendors or distributors? It doesn't seem to be an "off the shelf" product.

Thank you very much. Regards

- Stein

Reply to
it.stein

We were looking for something similar like a mobile phone camera, but you can't get them in low quantities and they have a very short lifetime.

ST seems to address this market now - look at

Can't give you a lot of experience yet, we're just evaluating.

- Philip

--
I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for
everyone, but they've always worked for me.

Rob

Gabor

at

Sparkfun has some pretty sweet CMOS image sensors for not a whole lotta $:

John

Reply to
john.orlando

Hi Stein, I have done such an interface of CMOS iamge sensor with Virtex 4 SX and LX device. I used CMU image sensor. You may like to buy this from

Also about interfacing it, you can refer to one of my IEEE publications at

Hope it helps, Regards, Manish

Reply to
birla.manish

Hi Stein, I have done such an interfaceing between CMOS image sensor and Virtex

4 FPGA, its quite interesting. You can refer to one of my IEEE publications at
for more detials. You can buy CMOS image sensor at

Regards, Manish

Reply to
birla.manish

Under ' kits & modules-> TV,Video and Camera'

Reply to
Mike Harrison