Where can i get free CAN VHDL core

Hi,

I am going through the net to download CAN VHDL core. HurriCANe is removed from the ESA site, and the link in opencores site for VHDL CAN core is going to some odd page.

can you please guide me on where i can download this or if anyone does have these free versions can you mail me ?

Thank you for your time

raju

Reply to
raju.penum

rponsard

"I am going through the net to download CAN VHDL core. HurriCANe is removed from the ESA site, [..]

[..] or if anyone does have these free versions can you mail me ?"

HurriCANe is not free.

"and the link in opencores site for VHDL CAN core is going to some odd page.

can you please guide me on where i can download this [..]"

I shall attach it in a followup to this post, but you may have difficulty getting it to work. Xilinx ISE could not manage to fit it onto a Virtex2 nor a QPro Virtex Rad Hard xqvr300cb228-4 for me during the few minutes I tried, but it might be possible to get ISE to get it working for a VirtexE if ISE's warnings are surmountable.

Reply to
Colin Paul Gloster

Hi

You can download the Opencores VHDL CAN core from here:

(it is an archive of the site from 2005). I have no idea if it works however. The developer says it is untested, so it probably needs work.

If at all possible, I advise you to use the Verilog version:

I have tested and implemented this (on Xilinx Spartan IIE), and it works well. You can have a mixed-source project in recent version of Xilinx tools, so you could combine the Verilog core with the rest of your code in VHDL. Simulation is a bit more tricky if you only have the "limited" editions of Modelsim etc.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Hi,

Thank you all for your inputs. i did download the code from the path that you have given me.

Tom, thank you for informing on mixed mode implementation. i will look into it, and try to work it out that way.

thanks

raju

Reply to
raju