Where can I find the pass transistor's working curve under 1.2V?

Hi, Please help.

Where can I find the pass transistor's working curve under 1.2V that is widely used in IC design preferebly in any articles, instead of in books?

Thank you.

Weng

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang

Weng,

If you need spice models for devices, contact your local semiconductor fabrication house (Chartered, UMC, TSMC, etc..) and request the models for the technology node you are interested in.

Choices are typically: low power, or high performance (high Vt, low Vt);

130nm, 90nm (the min gate length), and so on.

Generally speaking, these models (which are used by IC designers) are kept under very strict non-disclosure for new technology nodes.

Depending on how advanced the models are, BSIM 4, or BSIM 4.5 spice models are the "best" right now, and many are good to use in RF analog circuits, and have proximity effects, NBTI, and other real world behaviors modeled, too.

Aust> Hi,

Reply to
austin

Hi Austin, Actually what I need is not a precise latest pass transistor working curve. I thought it were available somewhere such that I has requested the latest version. What I really need is a typical V-I or V-V working curve of any typical pass transistor to learn some basic, not sophisticated characteristics.

I think it should be availble somewhere and not a commercial secret. Because I think pass transistors are one of the most basic elements in IC industry and it should be included in any IC textbooks. I don't know which textbook contains the latest information about it.

Thank you.

Weng

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang

Weng,

Any mosfet model should be adequate for what you need.

There is no difference between a "pass transistor" model, and any other kind of spice mosfet model.

Austin

Reply to
austin

Hi Austin, Do you have any idea where I can get a graph of it? I just want the graph showing the relationship between input and output.

Thank you.

Weng

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang

Why not simulate one in any of the free versions of SPICE?

--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jonathan Bromley

Hi Jonathan, What I need is a graph of pass transistor's working curving that must be available in some books or articles. I have no Spice experiences and even don't know what proper parameters should be.

Weng

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang

Weng,

sorry, it's been a while since I looked in detail at this kind of stuff. There is some nice information on the use of pass switches for digital applications in the technical notes for QuickSwitch devices:

I'm sure this is not everything you need, but perhaps it will put you on the right track. Of course, the exact behaviour will depend strongly on the details of the pass transistor itself - gate threshold, etc.

Note that QuickSwitch devices use single NMOS pass transistors. For basic information on CMOS pass structures, try

although that part is fairly ancient history now.

If you are concerned about the detailed analog behaviour of pass transistors, I suggest you *should* get some SPICE experience, double-quick!

hth

--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jonathan Bromley

Weng,

  1. Learn spice
  2. Use spice.

Aust> >> On 1 May 2007 18:50:32 -0700,

Reply to
austin

  1. The spice must flow!

(sorry, couldn't resist ;-)

Reply to
Chris

Hi Chris, What does 'flow' mean?

Weng

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang

I believe this was an attempt at a literary reference to the "Dune" science fiction novel(s). Not quite the universal joke.

Reply to
John_H