What would be the tariff classification of an FPGA development board?

I was wondering what's the tariff classification of an FPGA development board. Searching through some documentations, I ended up thinking that it may be this:

8542.70.00 or Electronic microassembly.

Any person around here knows what it might be. This call specially goes to ppl who are exporting to the EU.

Many thanks Jacques

Reply to
jaxato

I let my stuff be shipped under 8537. None ever cared. I guess they have certain triggers on agriculture, fishery, iron, you name them. Where subsidies protect closed markets. The rest is not worth checking except for value, the VAT value.

I once wanted to get an export paper for stuff I transported by car and thus sent a piece of alu sheet metal with a tag and a part number as dummy. Together with valid invoice and customs papers. They, the customs, called me and complained that the stated 600$ for this alu were not real. And I replied that they don't have to care as long as the customer pays for it.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Hi Rene,

Thanks for the tip, 8537.10.10

Jacques

Rene Tschaggelar wrote:

Reply to
jaxato

I just got a shipment from digikey. Some TTL-ICs, PICs, Flash, resistors, capacitors, etc... I only had to pay the VAT on everything except the ceramic oscillators. There was 3.7% tariff on the oscillators. That was a shipment from the USA to the EU a few weks ago.

Philipp

Reply to
Philipp Klaus Krause

Hi Philipp,

oscillators might be VAT exempted, but still with tariff. Was it written explicitly on the invoice that tariff was applied?

Jacques

Reply to
jaxato

I got the components first, a few days later I received an invoide from customs. It says they estimated the value (invoice value - estimated fraction of shipment costs) of the oscillators to be 41.45 ?. On this value there was a tariff of 3.7%. It says the value for VAT calculation (invoice value + tariff) is 48.38 ?. On this value there was a VAT of 16%.

So I had to pay both tariff and VAT for the oscillators, but VAT only for the rest.

Philipp

Reply to
Philipp Klaus Krause