What's wrong with my tcl example in Quartus?

Hi, I am new to tcl and quartus. When I try to follow the tcl example on page 2-2, Quartus II handbook, vol. 2, I cannot pass the second step, i.e. fitter, see the following. At the same directory, GUI does pass well. I don't know what is wrong. Can you help me out? Thank you very much.

# quartus_fit filtref --part=EP1C12Q240C6 --fmax=80MHz --tsu=8ns Info:

******************************************************************* Info: Running Quartus II Fitter Info: Version 6.0 Build 202 06/20/2006 Service Pack 1 SJ Web Edition Info: Copyright (C) 1991-2006 Altera Corporation. All rights reserved. Info: Your use of Altera Corporation's design tools, logic functions Info: and other software and tools, and its AMPP partner logic Info: functions, and any output files any of the foregoing Info: (including device programming or simulation files), and any Info: associated documentation or information are expressly subject

Info: to the terms and conditions of the Altera Program License Info: Subscription Agreement, Altera MegaCore Function License Info: Agreement, or other applicable license agreement, including, Info: without limitation, that your use is for the sole purpose of Info: programming logic devices manufactured by Altera and sold by Info: Altera or its authorized distributors. Please refer to the Info: applicable agreement for further details. Info: Processing started: Mon Nov 20 22:33:28 2006 Info: Command: quartus_fit filtref --part=EP1C12Q240C6 --fmax=80MHz

--tsu=8ns Info: Selected device EP1C12Q240C6 for design "filtref" Info: Fitter is performing a Standard Fit compilation using maximum Fitter effort to optimize design performance Error: Can't place node "clk" -- illegal location assignment PIN_G1 Error: Can't fit design in device Error: Quartus II Fitter was unsuccessful. 2 errors, 0 warnings Error: Processing ended: Mon Nov 20 22:33:30 2006 Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:02 child process exited abnormally #

Reply to
fl

Well I haven't used Altera for a while, but it looks like an EP1C12Q240C6 is a 240 pin PQFP and doesn't have a pin G1.

Either you need to change the part or you need to change the pin.

Alan Nishioka

Reply to
Alan Nishioka

Thanks, you are right. The example from the handbood is wrong.

Alan Nishioka a =E9crit :

Reply to
fl