what happens in SDR-SDRAM if i exceed tRAS(max)

Hi all, There is a situtation in my controller when tRAS(max) is exceeded. My controller starts to read out from some row but I am not sure exactly which one. Does anyone know what row will be opened under this situation? Thanks Subhasri.K

Reply to
Subhasri krishnan

tRAS is defined as 'ACTIVE to PRECHARGE command' in a typical Micron datasheet

As a row can maintain itself only so long before being refreshed (the purpose of precharge being part of the refresh system), it can only be accessed without a precharge for some maxima. If you exceed that maxima, you will not change the row, you will simply get invalid data.

Bottom line is - meet the tRAS spec.

Note that the datasheet I mention above has full simulation models freely available at the Micron website:

Verilog, VHDL, IBIS, HSPICE, Denali and Synopsis are all available.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS