What demokit and VHDL compiler pair to buy

I got Xilinx free IDE running and even got some simple designs through. But there wasn't any Xilinx programmer/evaluation kit available from Farnell or Elfa. What is the problem.

From where I could buy working pair. Xilinx sw seems to work, but any other good free program and low cost demo kit is ok.

Regards LM

Reply to
LM

The xilinx website has links to several places where you can buy eval boards. You can also buy the boards themselves seperately from digilent.

Sparkfun electronic has a spartan 3e fpga board as well. There are numerous places to get boards it just depends what you want on the board. What is your end product? You goal will determine the size of the FPGa and what features the eval/development boards need to have.

Reply to
Dwayne Dilbeck

Well. I found a link to demo boards in Xilinx wep page. Tomorrow I'll take closer look.

If you have some info or ideas about good boards and sw, I'm still happy to see them.

Reply to
LM