WHAT APPLICATION WE CAN IMPLEMENT ON VERTEX II PRO

Hi!

Is there anyone who have ideas that what sort of DSP or telecom applications we an implement on Vertex II Pro ....

thanxs

Reply to
Farhan

I heard you can do a really nice perpetual motion machine.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Martin Euredjian

What kind of things can I use a hammer on??

A Virtex II Pro is a tool to do a job... the job is determined by what you need it to do. It's stupid to ask what kind of applications it can implement If you need it to perform some particular function then asking whether it's capable of achieving sufficient performance in that function is reasonable.

Hence in summary, your question is stupid and unreasonable...

Reply to
Bevan Weiss

A *really* nice vending machine. Or traffic light control for a whole city!

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond

Hi, What are your requirements? It's sounds like you are trying to learn about the capabilities of these devices, go look at

as a start. Distribution vendors such as Insight
have staff trained on Xilinx products to introduce you to the capabilities of the particular device families. Give them a call.

Mike

Reply to
tbx135

OK, so you got beat over the head for posting a dumb question. Let's see if we can pull it out of the dive.

What's your context? Who are "we" in your question? Are you students trying to figure out what kind of a project you can do? Are you a hobbyists? Do you work for a company and you are just getting started with FPGA's? Do you have any experience with FPGA's at all? Are you a hardware engineers? Software engineers?

VII Pro's are very powerful chips. There's a huge range of designs that could be handled with the various members of that family.

The more benign answer to your question is: Yes, of course, lots of people have ideas on what can be implemented on a VII Pro. Your specific context is what might reveal wheter or not they are the appropriate choice.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Martin Euredjian
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Martin Euredjian

--

--Ray Andraka, P.E. President, the Andraka Consulting Group, Inc.

401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950 email snipped-for-privacy@andraka.com

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Reply to
Ray Andraka