Weekend pop quiz

A memory block has been told having "read latency of 3", assume the read pointer has been reset

How many read clocks does it take to read out the first 10 bytes? How many read cycles does it take to read out the next 8 bytes? Where's the read data? Assume the first rising edge of read clock is labled C0, next edge is C1, C2, C3...

Reply to
Marlboro

As many as it has too, gosh!!

Tommy (applogies to Napoleon)

Reply to
Tommy Thorn

Lol, I meant the min. number of clock cycle it takes to read out the first 10 bytes

Reply to
Marlboro

83 obviously.

Is this your homework assignment? You should have noticed that there are key details missing in the question.

Tommy

Reply to
Tommy Thorn

Nope

Maybe so maybe no. Let look at these scenarios

For a normal person we may ask: How muck does it cost to travel by taxi from Milano to Roma?

But for someone like you we need to ask What's the min. taxi fare to go from Milano to Roma?

By the way, how do you know the memory data width = 1? :))

Reply to
Marlboro

I thought the answer to pop quizzes was to 'shoot the hostage'? i.e. Jeff Daniels? Whatever, don't let the answer be below 50 or the memory will blow up. Syms.

Reply to
Symon

How long is a piece of string?

Your posting is missing key details of the problem. If you want us to do your homework for you, you'll have to do a better job of typing in the problem.

Note that free homework answers are worth as much as you pay for them, as an upper bound. They may be worth even less.

Reply to
Eric Smith