Webpack 8.1 device support

I'm surprised that the Webpack 8.1 only supports one Virtex-II Pro part. All of the other families seem to have OK coverage on the lower-end parts, why is this family supported so poorly?

I wonder if Xilinx has any plans to expand support for the V2Pro family?

Of course, I'm using the XC2VP7, so I can't try out the new s/w. Sigh.

John Providenza

Reply to
johnp

Did you klick on the devices filed in "project properities? Yes with webpack

8.1 the XC2VP7 is offered too.

Uwe Bonnes

Uwe -

Thanks for the quick response. I got my info from the Xilinx Web page:

Sounds like the Xilinx web site may be wrong.

John Providenza

Reply to
johnp

I got my information from the installed 8.1 webpack ...

Uwe Bonnes

Actually I'd love to get XC4VFX20 support into the webpack. RocketIO looks nice for ideas I have...:-)

Reply to
Linas Petras