Webpack 8.1 device support

I'm surprised that the Webpack 8.1 only supports one Virtex-II Pro
part.  All
of the other families seem to have OK coverage on the lower-end parts,
why
is this family supported so poorly?

I wonder if Xilinx has any plans to expand support for the V2Pro
family?

Of course, I'm using the XC2VP7, so I can't try out the new s/w.  Sigh.

John Providenza

Re: Webpack 8.1 device support

Did you klick on the devices filed in "project properities? Yes with webpack
8.1 the XC2VP7 is offered too.
--
Uwe Bonnes                 snipped-for-privacy@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
Re: Webpack 8.1 device support
Uwe -

Thanks for the quick response.  I got my info from the Xilinx Web page:
    http://www.xilinx.com/ise/products/webpack_config.htm

Sounds like the Xilinx web site may be wrong.

John Providenza

Re: Webpack 8.1 device support

I got my information from the installed 8.1 webpack ...
--
Uwe Bonnes                 snipped-for-privacy@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
Re: Webpack 8.1 device support

Actually I'd love to get XC4VFX20 support into the webpack. RocketIO looks
nice for ideas I have...:-)