WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !

Hi !

I'm a newbie in FPGA ( and i'm french,that's why my english is not goo ). I have the Digilent Spartan 3 Starter kit and Xilinx ISE Webpack 8.1i with Impact ) I have a problem : I can't download files on the chip because Impac doesn't recognize my cable. I am using the "Digilent JTAG3 low cos parallel to JTAG cable" which is included with the starter kit. When launch a Cable autodetect on Impact, I have this message :

GUI --- Auto connect to cable... // *** BATCH CMD : setCable -port auto AutoDetecting cable. Please wait. PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation. Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1). Checking cable driver. Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed. Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT2). Checking cable driver. Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed. Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT3). Checking cable driver. Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed. Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT4). Checking cable driver. Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed. Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21). Checking cable driver. Driver xusbdfwu.sys version: 1018 (1018). Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed. PROGRESS_END - End Operation. Elapsed time = 3 sec. Cable autodetection failed.

Can any one help me please ?

Thanks

Reply to
Scope

You say it's a parallel cable ... which parallel port is it on?

Do you have any dongles (modules for software licence etc) on that parallel port?

I am using Xilinx Parallel Cable 4, and it is not recognised by Impact if I also have the dongle for HDL Designer installed on the same port. So I have to unplug the dongle (and lose HDL Designer) when using the Xilinx PC4.

Also, does this parallel cable have another power connection (e.g. to a mouse port) like the Xilinx PC4? That power connection is necessary.

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond

Thanks Brian for your reply

I solve my problem...

My Parallel Port was not activated in BIOS ... (sick) So I activate it. Now, it works fine !!!

Regards

Reply to
Scope