Warning 'clock has been changed'

Hello All,

I have got a warning (below) during implementation of my design which uses 50 MHz clock on Spartan 3E 1600E Microblaze Development Kit. What could be a reason for this warning and how it could be fixed?

WARNING:iMPACT:2257-Startup clock has been changed to 'JtagClk' in the bitstream stored in memory, but the original bitstream file remains unchanged.

Reply to
Vagant

You do not need to fix anything unless you just want to make the warning go away.

This just means that bitgen was told to generate the bitfile with the startup clock set to CCLK. Since you are downloading with a JTAG cable, Impact automatically modified the bitfile before downloading it for you. In EDK you can edit the project_dir/etc/bitgen.ut file in your project to change the startup clock option.

If you plan on putting your bitfile into what ever config memory you have on the card, I would just leave the startup clock set to CCLK like it is now. Impact will work fine with it that way, but changing it to use the JtagClk would cause you problems if you forget to change it back before creating a bitfile for the config memory.

Regards,

John McCaskill

John McCaskill

This is talking about the configuration startup clock, not the 50 MHz system clock of your running design. If your bitstream settings are default, your CCLK will normally be used to start up the FPGA after configuration. When using iMPACT in JTAG mode, this clock is not available, so iMPACT changes it for you to use the JTAG TCK signal instead. This is the normal behavior, and you don't need to worry about it. Additional information on configuration is available in the Spartan 3 Generation Configuration User Guide, ug332.pdf, available on the Xilinx website.

Reply to
Gabor

Thank you very much for replies!

Reply to