VQ44 recommended footprint

The Xilinx packaging documentation for the VQ44/VQG44 package (document PK0

12, v1.2, dataed 2004-06-18) doesn't contain a recommended PCB footprint. I n attempting to find such a footprint, Google turned up what appears to be a copy of a Xilinx web page, apparently no longer available from the Xilinx web site:

Does Xilinx actually still have this information in an current publication? In the description of the package footprint in my library I'd like to be a ble to cite a current Xilinx document.

Reply to
Eric Smith

I just made up my own footprint, a 2-minute job in Protel99 to make from scratch, or 30 seconds to tweak the pad widths, etc. from an existing JEDEC footprint. I usually make the stock pads narrower to resist bridging.

Always make sure you know whether pin 1 is in the corner or center of a row. I've been tripped up by that before.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

K012, v1.2, dataed 2004-06-18) doesn't contain a recommended PCB footprint. In attempting to find such a footprint, Google turned up what appears to b e a copy of a Xilinx web page, apparently no longer available from the Xili nx web site:

n? In the description of the package footprint in my library I'd like to be able to cite a current Xilinx document.

Finally found the information. It's in Xilinx UG112 "Device Package User's Guide".

Reply to
Eric Smith