VPR fundaes

I need more information wirelength results given by VPR for ex:

Wirelength results (all in units of 1 clb segments): Total wirelength: 24 Average net length: 2.40000 Maximum net length: 5

Wirelength results in terms of physical segments: Total wiring segments used: 24 Av. wire segments per net:

2.40000 Maximum segments used by a net: 5

Kindly help me

Tanx in advance

junaid

Reply to
junaid

Hi Junaid,

What additional information do you need?

- Paul

Reply to
Paul Leventis (at home)

Hi Junaid,

I assume you're asking what this report means.

This gives the amount of wire used to route your design, where each unit of wire is a "wire segment" that spans 1 clb. You have 10 nets in your design, and the routing of said nets spans 24 wire segments, giving an average of

2.4 wire segments per net. The longest routed net was 5 net segments.

This gives the wiring in terms of the number of pre-fabricated wires used between logic blocks (clbs/LABs). In the example report you've posted, you must be using a routing architecture where every wire is only one logic block long, since this summary is the same as the summary above it. If you had longer wires (say wires that spanned 4 clbs before they went through a programmable switch), then the number of "physical segment wires" would be smaller (6) than the wires in terms of 1-logic-block-long segments (24).

Hope this helps,

Vaughn Altera (but with my academic hat on) [v b e t z (at) altera.com]

Reply to
Vaughn Betz

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your kind reply and also for clearing my doubts. Expecting your help in future and also requesting you sir to contribute more and more towards this direction, I stops here

Reply to
junaid