vnavigator problem

Hello all,

I am working on merging code coverage results in Verification Navigator from TransEDA. I am encountering an error that I can't seem to figure out a solution for.

Has anyone here ever used vnavigator?

Here's the problem. When attempting to merge multiple results directories, I run the following:

# vnmerge -verbose on e3_results/vnavigator_results e2_results/ vnavigator_results e4_results/vnavigator_results -log_file all_merge.log -save merged_results

Verification Navigator version 2004.06(Build VN406-0-00), Copyright

1994-2003 TransEDA Technology Ltd

Merging the following components: Index Files: /home/osprey/users/XXXXXX/e3_results/ vnavigator_results/vnavigator.index /home/osprey/users/XXXXXX/e2_results/ vnavigator_results/vnavigator.index /home/osprey/users/XXXXXX/e4_results/ vnavigator_results/vnavigator.index Merging into target directory: /home/osprey/users/XXXXXX/ merged_results Error: vnmerge_history execution failed. Merge aborted.

Um. Okay. There is no documentation on the "vnmerge_history" function in the documents. Running it on it's own appears to work without error.

# vnmerge_history e2_results/vnavigator_results/vnavigator.history e3_results/vnavigator_results/vnavigator.history e4_results/ vnavigator_results/vnavigator.history -log_file vnmerge_history.log - verbose -save merged_results/vnavigator.history

Verification Navigator version 2004.06(Build VN406-0-00), Copyright

1994-2004 TransEDA Technology Ltd Reading instances from history files... Processing e2_results/vnavigator_results/vnavigator.history Processing e3_results/vnavigator_results/vnavigator.history Processing e4_results/vnavigator_results/vnavigator.history Loading coverage from history files... Processing e2_results/vnavigator_results/vnavigator.history Processing e3_results/vnavigator_results/vnavigator.history Processing e4_results/vnavigator_results/vnavigator.history Merging instance coverage... Processing instance t.XXXXXX Processing instance t.XXXXXX Processing instance t.XXXXXX Processing instance t.XXXXXX Processing instance t.XXXXXX Processing instance t.XXXXXX Processing instance t.XXXXXX Processing instance t.XXXXXX

Viewing the log file:

# cat vnmerge_history.log Date: Tue Sep 4 15:47:35 2007

3 files were merged into merged_results/vnavigator.history e2_results/vnavigator_results/vnavigator.history e3_results/vnavigator_results/vnavigator.history e4_results/vnavigator_results/vnavigator.history

0 files were rejected because of errors

So what's the problem? Has anyone encountered this before? I have been playing around with options and attempted to merge using the GUI with the same error. With TranEDA out of business now, I'm running out of options to determine a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
kkoorndyk