vmWare supporting Avnet Virtex-5 PCIe board

Hi, I am planning to install vmWare on one of my server machines and create virtual servers on it. I need to access a Virtex 5 PCIe board from Avnet from the virtual environment. Q1. Does vmWare support accessing third party hardware resources? Q2. Is there a list of devices supported by vmWare? Any links? Q3. Any tutorial/ guide available to do this?

Regards

Reply to
maverick

Hi,

This may not answer your question about vmWare, but I have had to read some of the VirtualBox manual recently and saw this section about PCI pass-through:

So it is certainly possible to virtualize PCI devices in a generic way. I have no idea how well this works or not. Hope this is of some help to you.

Rupert

Reply to
rupertlssmith