Vivado HLS (C/C++/SystemC to ASIC/FPGA)

Does anybody have experience with Vivado HLS?

This tool is very similar to the internal processes I have planned for my Logician tool.

Best regards, Rick C. Hodgin

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin

They have a free 30-day evaluation. I may find out what hardware I'll need and schedule a time where I can devote a month to learning more about this tool:

My Logician tool plans to be like Blender's node editor, with things connected graphically like that, with source code and logic contained within each node. I have planned on making the source code a subset of my CAlive language currently under development, with limited support for local and global variables.

I can see the possibility from watching this video:

C to FPGA Compilation and Domain-Specific Computing

...that there exists an interesting potential of analyzing the data usage, and determining what type of CPU would be be applied to this application, and in that way creating a literal custom CPU with an ISA designed for the needs of the tasks, which would allow for a quick and completely programmable CPU to be custom fabricated per the needs of each app, ultimately creating heterogeneous cores which run in massive parallel on a target FPGA for a given application.

Logician would handle the wiring and source code, and the compiler would handle the details of taking that source design and generating a workable and viable stand-alone CPU with periphery ties.

This will be my goal with Logician.

Best regards, Rick C. Hodign

Reply to
Rick C. Hodgin