Virtex4 Rocket I/O. Power filtering.

Guys, I'm looking at using some MGT tiles in which just the transmitter is used.

From the user guide:-

Powering Unused Transceivers Since there are clocking resources for each MGT tile that are powered from the AVCCAUXRXB and AVCCAUXMGT, there must be careful placement of used/unused MGTs to reduce the amount of power pins that must be filtered.

From this, and if I don't use any receivers in the column, I deduce that I can leave AVCCAUXRXA unfiltered. Right?

Ta, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

Oh, and BTW, there's an error in the user guide. UG076 v3.0 fig. D-2 shows a LM385 with 100mA going through it. That's bad, abs max is 30mA. Cheers, Syms.

Symon

From the paragraph immediately above the one you quoted, I'm assuming so in my design as well...

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,

Mark, Yep, the more I read it, the more I'm convinced that's what they mean. A nice little diagram showing what's powered from what would be a nice addition to the user guide! Cheers, Syms.

Reply to
Symon