Virtex2Pro config question

User Guide says that in Slave SelectMAP mode the CS pin can be de-asserted for clock cycles in which data is not available. Can I do the same thing in Master SelectMAP mode? The UG does not specifically say that I can.

I wish to boot from config rom or from USB. Circuitry is a bit simpler if both cases can be same mode (Master), but in the USB case I cannot guarantee the USB receive fifo will never run dry. Thus I need to pause the Master.

Thanks.

Reply to
buzz