Virtex2P co-simulation problems using Modelsim and smartmodel

Hi! I followed an instruction from xilinx website to setup the co-simulation environment for ModelSim. libraries have been updated and smartmodel has been installed. However, when I try to run a behavioral model, which is created by clicking the "simgen" button in EDK6.1 toolbar, things are not going quite well. It seems that the PPC core (from smartmodel) doesn't function correctly. Its 3 reset request signals (C405CHIPRSTREQ,C405CORERSTREQ,C405SYSRSTREQ) always go to "X" after rst_c405_chip, rst_c405_core, rst_c405_sys go back to "0" from "1". Then, I created another structural model for the same design. the problem with these reset signals went away. so, could someone point out what I am missing to create a correct behaviroal model? thank you in advance!

--yang

Reply to
qudhs