virtex ppclinux files

Hi

I have uploaded the files once available from Pauls website at the university in Australia

the archive contains all that I fetched from the web when it was available. I do not know exact reasons why the original pages are vanished, but for me the files from there have been a big help to get ppc linux working on Virtex-4

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Thank Antti for uploading them to your site. What is the difference between the uploaded PPClinux and Hydra PPlinux?

Guru

Antti wrote:

Guru

Guru schrieb:

no difference, except we do not call it hydra PPClinux :)

ok, seriously the support-DVD for hydraXC includes (amongst other goodies)

1) a PPC-linux capable EDK reference design 2) VMware image with pre-installed ppclinux (from Pauls website) configured for ref design 3) small bootloader that pulls the image.bin from the mini-SD card into SDRAM

so if you say "update bitstream" in EDK you get download.bit and if you type "make" in the VMWare then you get image.bin

and as result inserting a miniSD with download.bit and image.bin will load the PPC-hardware and then eventually the ppclinux. it boots to console prompt and has basic networking capabilities.

this getting started is also visualized as the welcome image here

:)

There are some other drivers what either are or will be available for the linux

- sd card driver is due to be released (bitbang sw, native mode not spi) - it has some issues with automtatic partition support

- ISP1761 host drivers, they are now released by Philips as open-source (search sourceforge for ISP167x!) unfortunatly for linux 2.6 only (previous under-NDA driver was for linux 2.4.x but its too buggs anyway)

Antti

Reply to
Antti