Virtex-5 FX when ?

to my surprise I just heard comments about Xilinx giving up hard processor cores - well I think its not so, and that V5-FX has PPC440 cores in it, but isnt it about time that there would be some information update when V5FX is actually coming?

Is it still planned for 2007Q1 or is the schedule changed?

As much as I understand the PPC in V5 will have full linux support and also realtime linux support (from lynuxworks) - ok, sometimes it pays off to wait :)

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Peter Alfke

Hang on... I'm still waiting for the V4 FX line to be fully rolled out..

Cheers, Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston

Peter Alfke schrieb:

well I peek and poke and wonder ;)

some things are at least weird, like the thing with the PCI Express MAC hard block in Virtex-5, its no secret as there are already two AR's at Xilinx website

dealing with the PCI Express primitive in Virtex-5, but where is the other information?

I am really excited!

Antti

Reply to
Antti