Virtex-4 : OCM

Hi,

I was trying to run a C program from the OCM BRAM. I have not incorporate external memory to my design yet. I managed to download the ELF file using XMD but it didn't run. When I type "stop", the message from XMD was "unable to stop processor". What could be the problem? What are the settings required in order to run program from OCM.

Thanks.

Reply to
zyan

external memory to my design yet. I managed to download the ELF file using XMD but it didn't run. When I type "stop", the message from XMD was "unable to stop processor". What could be the problem? What are the settings required in order to run program from OCM.

I think OCM requires data and instruction memories. Do you have both? Also the reset vector will be at the top of memory (0xfffffffc) so the I-OCM has to be at least mapped to that range. (and, of course, your program has to fit in the avialbale memory)

You also need to verify that xmd is actually attached. It should report a port number like 1234 if it works. I frequently get lost in xmd and have to close it and restart.

-Clark

Reply to
Anonymous

Thanks. Yes, I have both I-side and D-side OCM. XMD did not complaint that the address was out-of-range. So I supposed that the program can fit to the OCM. Or is there anyway to check is the program fit the OCM?

- Zyan

Reply to
zyan