Virtex 4 and reconfigurable computer

Hi! I would like to know if the Xilinx Virtex 4 offer the possibility of partially reconfigure bitstreams directly (as in the virtex II using the jbits library). If yes ... what are the hardware (requirement for the fpga board) and software (are the libraries similar to jbits?) requirements ?

Thanks in advance. Cheers !

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

"GaLaKtIkUsT" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Jbits is dead

there is no working useable partial reconfiguration flow for V4 at the moment. I guess there is some work in progress, but nothing readily available.

... nomansland

its possible and doable, but you are alone on the path...

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Thanks Antti ... So ... what's the most appropriate approache to follow ? Virtex II + jbits ? What are the restrictions of jbits ? why do you say that it's dead ?

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™