Virtex 4 ACE Compact Flash configuration problem

I am trying to program Xilinx Virtex4 evaluation board ML402 via ACE using Compact Flash card. Every time when I turn the device on the red LED 'Err' turns on.

Reply to
Dan

Compact Flash card. Every time when I turn the device on the red LED 'Err' turns on.

The CF card has to be formatted properly. Try if downloading one of the reference CF images from

works properly.

If you must reformat, then use a Linux or Win2k machine, or mkdosfs to format the disk. WinXP changed the way DOS formatting is done, and such CF's will not work with Sytem ACE.

/Siva

Reply to
Siva Velusamy

I have tried already all the demos and they all work fine. Problem is with a new configuration ACE file that I create with ISE 8.1 and iMPACT - even the simplest design can not configure the board.

Reply to
Dan

Dan schrieb:

new configuration ACE file that I create with ISE 8.1 and iMPACT - even the simplest design can not configure the board.

you can playback ACE file without the ACE controller on PC using cable III

if I needed I can add more verbose debug output to the aceplayer

Antti

Antti

new configuration ACE file that I create with ISE 8.1 and iMPACT - even the simplest design can not configure the board.

Are you sure that you set up the JTAG chain properly in iMPACT when you generated the ACE file? The chain should be defined as

XCF32P -> XC4VSX35 -> XC95144XL

Ed McGettigan

-- Xilinx Inc.

Reply to
Ed McGettigan

I also tried to edit svf file before converting it to ace with svf2ace117.exe and the red led 'err' was turned on again. But when I converted the edited svf file with -s option (skip TDO test) then finally the red led 'err' was not on, neither was the green led 'done'. It didn't work again.

Reply to
Dan

I forgot to say that I edited the svf file according to:

The issue is caused by the lack of a proper time delay after the JPROGRAM instruction is issued to the device.

//NEW CODE SEGMENT: Loading device with a 'bypass' instruction SIR 14 TDI (3fff) SMASK (3fff) ; RUNTEST 434000 TCK ;

here I changed TCK to 2434000 - made it longer because I am programming Virtex 4 SX35.

Reply to
Dan