Viewing RTL schematic in Xilinx ISE

How can the RTL schematic of a VHDL design be viewed in Xilinx ISE 9.2? I just upgraded from 8.2 because I couldn't find it there (and the upgrade was long due anyway), but I still have not found it.

I have searched the web and all references to viewing RTL schematic seem to point to 7.x documentation. Using that method is not possible because the options are not there anymore in 8.2/9.2.

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
(Popular Mechanics, 1949)
Reply to
Stef

In the Sources window select the desired module. In the Processes window run "View RTL Schematic". This will generate a top level symbol in which you can "Push into the Selected Instance" or "Pop to the Calling Schematic" by double clicking or using the context menu. Randy Haas

Reply to
randallchaas

That is the what all docs I found tell me as well, but cant find it. :-(

I finally figured it out! I start ISE from Modelsim designer, and then ISE only shows a top-level design.ngc file, no vhdl sources. This has no "View RTL Schematic" in the process window. Double clicking it gives a TCL error, but if I choose file->open and then open design.ngc (or design.ngr, they are different), then I finally see the RTL schematic.

Thank you all for listening.