video soltion provider

Hello, Is there any expert who can guide me about the following problem:

I need video system with following main specifications.

1) Input : standard video formats 2) compression: MPEG4/MPEG2 etc. 3) Output: RS232 4) Decoder: Soft decoder in PC

Is there any company who offers customized solutions in this area. Thanks

Reply to
M Ihsan Baig

File formats, or camera sourced video?

You must be working with pretty small frames and/or frame rates to expect to get the compressed video down RS232! Even 320x240x10fps @

8bpp = 5.8Mbits/sec. You'd be wanting a compression ratio of about 50x to get that down 115kbps RS232, which I guess is feasible with H.264.

What's the application?

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.net/electronics.html

Technology

M Ihsan Baig

Technology

Peter Alfke

I suppose the most standard video format is NTSC, although this is a standard that is being replaced. Still the most inexpensive. For Industrial applications where the timing needs to be controled, camera link is still the standard, although that is being replaced by GigEthernet. USB webcams and Firewire cameras.

So a lot of choices.

Can be done on FPGAs.

Very low bandwidth.

Not my expertise.