Video Mux using FPGA

I do have a interesting project. I am planing to wire my house with duplex multimode fiber. I would like to send from a central location of the house multiple broadcast video and audio signals. The video should be either 10 or

12bit digital stream. With the help of a FPGA we should multiplex I would say up to 5 digital parallel video streams(each around 200Mbs, with 16M clk and 3Mbs for four audio channels). The mux out should be 16 or 20bit data stream.
Reply to
lubot77

Are all the streams synchronous to each other? If not you'll have to synchronise the streams with an overhead channel (probably).

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

They will be synchronous to each other. I am planning to use four either 10 or 12 bit video ADC's, and sixteen audio ADC's . The 20 bit data out of the FPGA will feed the Agilent chip set that will drive the laser. On the receiver side the signal will be demuxed from the FPGA and will feed Video and Audio DAC's. I do not have a big experience with programmable devices, so I was wondering if there are any standard engineering techniques and tricks to do that.

Thanks

Reply to
lubot77

The project sounds interesting but why send raw video? Isn't it easier if it is compressed and then sent over a low bandwidth wifi network?

lubot77 wrote:

Reply to
fpgabuilder

Indeed, MPEG-4 HDTV is 20 Mbps tops.

& Cat-5e would very easy and cheap. HTH, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

lubot77 schrieb:

Sounds like a Version of our GLINK for SDI-Video and without Keyboard ;-)

Christian

Reply to
Christian Kirschenlohr