Video decoder and encoder IC's

Hello Everyone,

I am interested in buying ntsc video decoder and encoder ic's for a personal project. Specifically, I am looking for the simplest possible ic's that take in an analog signal and output a ccir656/601 8 bit stream (and vice versa). No YCbCr->RGB color conversion or video scaling capability is required, and simple luma/chroma separation would suffice. Does anyone here have some applicable experience ? If so, please point me to a good vendor for these, and, if you can, a ball-park estimate of a price for these.

Thanks in advance, Ljubisa Bajic

Reply to
Ljubisa Bajic

hello,

Try an AD7176 for the Encoder

Decoders ... skip the AD7183, TVP5145 is ok but draws a lot of power and has more than you need , the new TVP5150A is very tiny however I am just designing first board with this part

, SAA7111A but may be harder to get
, VPX3226 is very cool
, there are other options for special requirements.

or
will provide pricing ... symmetry electronics for micronas ... most of these parts are $10-20 depending upon volume.

Good Luck, Khim Bittle

Specializing in video acquistion & processing and cool video widgets with the Altera Cyclone.

Reply to
Khim Bittle