vertex II and powerpc core

Was the Xilinx powerpc core ever produced for the Vertex II device?

Reply to
Scott Willis

Yes, this family was called Virtex-II Pro and has been in volume production for quite some time now.

Ed

Reply to
Ed McGettigan

See Virtex-IIPro

Reply to
John_H

Reading this in a different way,

Xilinx does not supply a soft PPC core. The 405PPC core is a full ASIC implementation by IBM, for Xilinx, in the Virtex II Pro Family of devices.

This hard core is also the lowest power 405PPC in 130nm technology of all of the cores available in 130nm.

Aust> Scott Willis wrote:

Reply to
Austin Lesea

Thanks to all for the response.

I have a Vertex II device and prototype board and not the Vertex II Pro. I suspected that it was not available on the Vertex II device (nonPro versiont) but thought I'd ask anyway.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Willis