Verilog module in VHDL project - ISE 13

I want to use the Xilinx Spartan-6 XAPP495 HDMI/DVI transmit/receive modules, which are written in Verilog, in a new VHDL project, as I'm much more familiar with VHDL - I don't do enough FPGA stuff to justify the time to learn a new language for one project.

Can anyone point me towards how I can include the verilog modules and make the signals visible to my VHDL - any example of a verilog module included in a VHDL project would probably give me enough to go on.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

which are written in

do enough FPGA stuff

the signals visible to

probably give me enough

The simplest way is using the ISE NAvigator GUI. Add the verilog source file to the project. Then highlight the file in the Hierarchy window (clik once) and in the design process window you should see "View HDL instantiation template." In a VHDL project, the template should default to VHDL, but if for some reason it shows up in Verilog, you can change the properties for "View HDL Instantiation Template" by right clicking and there is a drop-down menu to select the language.

The VHDL template will contain the entity declaration as well as an instantiation template.

-- Gabor

Reply to
Gabor