Vendors of FPGA's

If I am looking for buying just the FPGA chip itself - not a development board - where could I buy this? What do commercial buyers do?

Best Regards Hansen

Reply to
T.Hansen

Hansen,

They order from a distributor.

Or, they go to the manufacturer's website, and order online through their "store" (which actually takes you to a distributor).

Austin

Reply to
austin

Some more notes:

Manufacturer websites often point you to a stocking distributor, which may not be a good option for price if you need to buy in quantity.

Most FPGA vendors reward their franchised distributors for bringing in business by providing a price break when the distributor "registers" a new product. This is generally passed on to the registered customer and can be a significant price reduction from the published web pricing, even at the same distributor.

If you are starting a new product and need to buy FPGA's in quantity, I would suggest talking to your preferred distributor. Don't just place web orders or you could miss out on a sizable price-break.

Regards, Gabor

Reply to
Gabor

Digikey.com have them in single quantities. However they keep a higher price level than many competitors.

Reply to
posedge52

Thank you all for your replies. It helped me finding the right solution.

Best Regards Hansen

Reply to
T.Hansen