VCD Files Viewer?

Hello

I just generated with modelsim a VCD file and I wonder if it is possible to view this VCD file with modelsim? I tried to open it but I got the error message:

# WLF Error: File is not a WLF file: vcd.dump # Cannot open file: vcd.dump

Unfortunately I cant install gtkwave on my machine, because I dont have root rights. Is there any other simple tool that I could use under Linux?

Cheers Heinrich

Reply to
Heinrich Burgsteiner

Convert your VCD to WLF using vcd2wlf tool from ModelSim. Rgrds, Jan

Reply to
Jan Pech

Thanks Jan, works fine ;)

Reply to
Heinrich Burgsteiner

Heinrich Burgsteiner wrote: [...]

You don't have to have root rights to install software under Linux. It is always possible to install software in your home folder. The destination can usually be specified with the ./configure call.

However, especially with gtkwave and its dependency to gnome there might be some dependency missing that you don't have installed. Which then brings you in the same situation as before.

Cheers,

Guenter

Reply to
Guenter Dannoritzer