V2Pro Rocket IO Primitive- Parameter and Port Settings

Hi, I am trying to use the Rocket IO transceiver as a receiver only (no clock correction, no channel bonding, no CRC). I do need to do 8b/10b decoding. Looking at the macro available, and from the Transceiver User Guide, there are so many parameters and ports which need to be configured. I am new to the Transceiver Designs and hence am not able to make out what all I need to do. I tried to do a simulation of a very basic design using these RocketIOs but all i get out is XXXXs. I am using ISE6.1SP3 and Active HDL 6.1 SP2 Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Adarsh

Reply to
Adarsh Kumar Jain

Hello Adarsh,

as you're new to designing with the Rocket-IOs I see why you're overwhelmed by all the attributes (I'm still 8o)...). The easiest way to get around all this is to use the Architecture Wizard (arwz.exe) that comes with the ISE-software. In this you can relatively easily specify what you want and you get a instantiation of your transceiver.

As you're using Active-HDL I assume you only need VHDL instead of some binary file which is generated by the Wizard. So after running the wizard and getting the *.xaw-file let the tools generate the instantiation template and you'll get the VHDL you can instantiate into your bigger design.

One thing you need to be aware: even though you're only using the transceiver as an input you still need to feed the TX-pins to the top-level. This means that you need to put "data" onto the internal parallel TX-data-pins at the MGT (can all be 0s).

Also be aware that you need to supply all five clocks, even the two TX-clocks as some of the logic needed on the RX-side is clocked by TXUSRCLK and TXUSRCLK2. But you can just use RXUSRCLK(2) for those.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Mart> Hi,

Reply to