using XIlinx impact in batch mode to generate EEPROM files

I am using xilinx tools in an unix system to do the P&R and generate the bit file. I am using a batch mode script to go through the steps. Currently I am running impact in gui mode ( either from UNIX or Windows) to generate the MCS files for the EEPROMs. Is there any way to run the impact in batch mode in UNIX to generate the MCS files? I was not able to get the information lookig at the help information available.

Thanks for your help.

-Dipu

Reply to
dipumisc

Under windows, impact creates a file called _impact.cmd in the current working directory. This is either the directory you ran impact from, or C:\Xilinx if you start it from the program menu.

  1. Build your mcs from the gui the way you usually would
  2. Copy _impact.cmd to a new file (eg. mcs.cmd) and run:
  3. impact -batch mcs.cmd

I don't run impact under unix, so I don't know what it does.

Alan Nishioka

Reply to
Alan Nishioka

You can make MCS files with promgen: $ promgen -h PROMGEN: Creates memory (PROM) file(s) from configuration (BIT) file(s) for use in programming a PROM. The PROM may then be used to configure one or more FPGAs.

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.net/electronics.html

I believe (from reading whatever log file it produces) Impact simply passes the task to a command-line utility called "promgen".

I tried running Promgen (using the command line I found in that logfile) and it seemed to work OK. (ISE 7.1)

That was under Windows, but I see no reason why it should be different in Linux.

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond

Thanks for all the postings. On unix, impact created a _impact.cmd file when I ran it through the gui. I the copied the file to a new name gen_mcs.cmd and added an "exit" command at the end and ran on batch mode as "impact -batch gen_mcs.cmd". It worked fine.

-Dipankar

Reply to
dipumisc