using shared vhdl code in customer ipif block

Hi,

I have a small microblaze system with my own ipif peripheral. In this peripheral I want to use a vhdl block which is also used in another part of my project. Is this possible? Because when building the system, the edk looks in the pcores//hdl/vhdl directory for sources (where it doesn't find the shared vhdl part and I don't want to place the shared vhdl code in this directory!).

TIA, Frank

Reply to
Frank van Eijkelenburg

Frank,

I did this for all my coregen components, but I did it all manually, not through the xilinx gui. I have a folder for my custom IP cores called "myProcessorIPLib" and under this directory I created

pcores -> CoregenLib -> hdl -> vhdl

this is the standard directory stucture that xilinx uses. You can but all of your common VHDL files in the vhdl directory. In your pao file you will need to add the vhdl files that you want to compile. so for example, if you have a file called tmp.vhdl you will have something like this

lib CoregenLib tmp vhdl

You can change CoregenLib to whatever your peripheral name is, so it's probably going to look like

lib myperipheral_v1_00_a tmp vhdl

Once you have modified you pao file, you can instantiate your vhdl file in your user_logic.vhd file as you would with any other component instantiation.

Harry

Reply to
Harry Stello