Using FPGA to feed 80386 - Page 5

Re: Using FPGA to feed 80386
Lets see, you were wrong on Right Wing and religion,
and we see the right wing crack pots killing kids in Pakistan.

Yes, those that need to proselytize to half the world and not keep their
whacked out ideas to themselves are just one step away from visiting
_your_ kids school.

Religion has gone too far in its control of mind damaged people.
And there are lots out there to chose from.

Re: Using FPGA to feed 80386

No, he is correct.  There is a certain group of people, particularly but
not exclusively in the USA, that classify themselves as right-wing
conservative Christians.  But there are plenty of religious people who
have different political views - or no serious political views.  For
example, Rick Hodgin has talked a great deal about his religious
beliefs, but has never mentioned politics - either he is not politically
interested, or like most of us he doesn't feel it is a natural subject
for a technical newsgroup (s.e.d. excepted, of course).  And there are
plenty of right-wingers who have not the slightest interest in religion.

You can't classify the murderers in Pakistan as right-wing - they don't
fit on the overly simplified left-wing/right-wing political model.  And
while they are religious, they were not Muslims (no matter what they
might have claimed themselves).  It's not about politics or religion -
as always, it is about power and money.  Politics and religion are just
ways to dupe the weak-willed into doing the dirty work.

Fortunately, that is not remotely true.  Rick's religious posts may be
annoying and out of place, but I certainly would not imagine him being
violent or threatening - it would be completely against his character.

Religion has been around for as long as human speech, as far as
anthropologists and archaeologists can tell.  People have always done
crazy and terrible things in the name of religion - it's nothing new.

Re: Using FPGA to feed 80386

Whatever

--

Rick

Re: Using FPGA to feed 80386
On 12/15/2014 6:38 PM, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:

...snip...

I think this says a lot more than any of the religious stuff.  If he
isn't "understood" we are being negative.  The reality is that he has a
*lot* to learn and is asking questions.  I don't have a problem with
that.  But when he doesn't like the answers he gets he retreats into his
cave of god and lets us know it is our problem not his.  That's just
being immature.

--

Rick

Re: Using FPGA to feed 80386

The only part of that I disagree with is "being immature". based on
his comp.arch posts, I suspect it is more complex than that.

Re: Using FPGA to feed 80386

Ok.  I won't argue.  I don't mind his questions as well as his misplaced
enthusiasm.  I also think some of the comments here were a little hard
on him.  If he really wants to learn some things I'm happy to help.

--

Rick

Site Timeline