Using EDK libraries in ISE

Hello all,

How can we simulate the EDK IP cores in ISE? I created a new project in ISE and copied the vhdl files that comes with EDK onto a new file and tried to synthesize it. However the synthesis failed as the library referred to in the design was not seen by ISE. Can anyone tell me how to overcome this?

Thanks

Reply to
Harish

Hello all,

How can we simulate the EDK IP cores in ISE? I created a new project in ISE and copied the vhdl files that comes with EDK onto a new file and tried to synthesize it. However the synthesis failed as the library referred to in the design was not seen by ISE. I'm trying to synthesize an OPB ZBT controller. Can anyone tell me how to overcome this?

Thanks

Reply to
Harish

set up compile scripts and run tools from shell or commandline. attempting to load them to project navigotor is likely to cause problems. similar things exists with LEON3 system

it compiles with no problem from script but is not possible to load into project navigator, PN simple messes up with the libraries.

Antti

Reply to
avrbasic

Hello,

When I try to synthesize OPB_ZBT controller its asking for a library common_v1_00_a. When I checked the EDK folder I found there are two folders with that name. One of which is in the compiled models directory and the other in pcores directory. I copied both these into my working directory and tried to synthesize it but it still gives me the same error message.

ERROR:HDLParsers:3317 - c:/testdesigns/opb_zbt/opb_zbt_controller.vhd Line 53. Library common_v1_00_a cannot be found. ERROR:HDLParsers:3014 - c:/testdesigns/opb_zbt/opb_zbt_controller.vhd Line 54. Library unit common_v1_00_a is not available in library work. ERROR: XST failed

I am not sure if this is even the correct way to go about it. I think I am missing something obvious. Can you point me out in the right direction?

Thanks Harish

avrbasic wrote:

problems.

into