using CLKDLL, want: myclock <= CLKDV and LOCKED

Hi, From a CLKDLL, how do I gate the CLKDV signal with LOCKED without getting the following warning when implementing: WARNING:NgdBuild:477 - clock net 'buffered10m' has non-clock connections. These problematic connections include: pin i0 on block u4_u1_clkout1 with type LUT2

I want to gate all the startup/synchronising clocks from the CLKDV signal until locked is achieved. My aim is to block the startup/synchronising waveform from getting to an external IC until the locked is achieved. The startup/synchronising takes about 24usec, during which time about 240x 10mhz clock edges are received by the external IC. Id like to only provide the external IC with 10mhz when the locked signal is achieved. Am I worrying about nothing? The IC (KAC1310) does not have an enable.

I understand I can use the LOCKED signal as a nRESET to sub-modules, therefore this startup/synchronising waveform does not affect sub-modules.

ISE 5.02.2i, SPARTAN-II, KAC1310. Thanks, Ben.

Reply to
Ben Gerblich