Using C++ on NIOS

We have just started writing a small application on the NIOS IDE II (version 1.0.0, build 316). I want to develop it in C++, but it won't recognise C++ syntax, (class, new etc), so clearly I need to do something to enable C++, but I can't find anything. I have found similar problems on the forums/groups, but none with any answers. The closest one was to use "extern "C"{...} around the #includes, but this made no difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Nigel

Now solved... it was simply that the 'main' file was created as a ".c" file, not a ".cpp" (all template projects are for the NIOS).

Reply to
Nigel