Using an FPGA to drive the 80386 CPU on a real motherboard - Page 7

Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary

Translate This Thread From English to

Threaded View
Re: Using an FPGA to drive the 80386 CPU on a real motherboard
On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 8:42:44 AM UTC-4, David Brown wrote:
Quoted text here. Click to load it

Have you read the New Testament as an adult?  Have you considered the
possibility that you may be on the wrong path in life (not with your
career or worldly things, but with eternal things)?

There are some questions you need to ask yourself, and seek answers
on.  If you're willing to do this, then you will inherently know what
I mean.  But if you are unwilling, you will never understand anything
I write toward those ends.

-----
David, you're an extremely knowledgeable man.  Don't miss out on this
teaching.  Learn more than you know today.  It will benefit all areas
of your life.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin

Re: Using an FPGA to drive the 80386 CPU on a real motherboard
On 13/05/16 13:48, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
Quoted text here. Click to load it

I disagree with your third point.


Re: Using an FPGA to drive the 80386 CPU on a real motherboard
On 13/05/16 14:48, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
Quoted text here. Click to load it

I've read perhaps 30% of the NT as an adult, and yes, I have considered
my "path".  I don't believe in anything supernatural, and therefore am
not religious.  There is plenty of good advice in the NT, especially the
teachings of Jesus (much less so with Paul, who goes directly against
Jesus in a lot of his philosophy).  There is no need to introduce a
"god" in order to appreciate that "love thy neighbour" is a good basis
for how to live your life.

Quoted text here. Click to load it

I have asked these sorts of questions, and considered them critically,
in many aspects.  And herein lies a key difference between us - you have
not considered the answers, or viewed them critically.  Somewhere along
the line, you have picked up the idea that you have found /the/ answer
in a particular interpretation of Christianity.  Now you no longer look
for answers, or take time to think over questions properly - when faced
with a question, you assume you already know /the/ answer, and then you
change the question to fit that answer.

I believe in seeking answers, and searching for "truth" - but I do so in
the world around me, and the people around me, rather than in imagined
ideas or books written by ignorant people from a different time and a
different culture, aimed at controlling their fellow tribesmen.

Quoted text here. Click to load it

I have seen what your religious ideas have done to you (as far as you
have written and acted in Usenet groups).  No, thank you very much, it
does not appeal in the slightest.

I /have/ seen people who have become happier people, or "better" people,
as a result of religious beliefs - but that is because there religion
fills a social or psychological gap in their lives.  Like most people, I
don't have such gaps that need filling with a religion.  (Like everyone
else, I do have gaps or flaws - just not ones that would be fixed by a
religion.)

I will never be a high-level basketball player, because I am short and
round rather than tall and thin.  Baring psychological illness or brain
damage, I will never be religious (at least, not in the way you are)
because I have an open mind and think rationally and critically - I will
not accept any supernatural concepts such as "god" without /real/ proof.
 That runs contrary to the "leap of faith" required for believing in a
god, or gods, with no proof - merely a trust in what other people write
or say about them.




Re: Using an FPGA to drive the 80386 CPU on a real motherboard
On 5/13/2016 9:31 AM, David Brown wrote:
Quoted text here. Click to load it

It is bad enough that one person is polluting the group with totally off  
topic discussions.  Do we have to make it a group effort?

Why don't you exchange private email rather than public posts?  Then the  
rest of us don't need to see what is essentially a private conversation.

--  

Rick C

Re: Using an FPGA to drive the 80386 CPU on a real motherboard
On 13/05/16 15:49, rickman wrote:

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Fair enough - sorry about that.  I don't usually reply much to Rick's
non-technical posts.

I don't plan on taking this any further (in the group, or in email).


Re: Using an FPGA to drive the 80386 CPU on a real motherboard
On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 9:31:43 AM UTC-4, David Brown wrote:
Quoted text here. Click to load it

I point you to the One who can guide you, David.  His name is Jesus.  He
can instruct you properly on the things you think you know today.  I
challenge you to answer Him.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin

Site Timeline