Using Altera's SerialLite to create a high-speed data link between Two or more FPGA's

Hello, I have a question about using the SerialLite MegaCore Function
to create a high-speed data link between two or more Stratix FPGA's. I
want to know, do I simply tie the two FPGA's TX/RX pins together, or
are there any devices that are required to link the two FPGA's
together? I've been looking over the SerialLite II MegaCore Function
User Guide on page 3-17 they have a Figure that has two FPGA's
connected together and I was thinking, is it that simple, just tie the
TX & RX lines together?

thanks,
joe

Re: Using Altera's SerialLite to create a high-speed data link between Two or more FPGA's

Hello again, I wanted to post the answer from Altera:

Customer need not any other active device between two FPGA during we
realize SerialLite II.

The max distance is depended on FPGA transceiver performance and
application entironment. On four layer FR-4 PCB backplane, we can
guarantee 40-inch and two connector. If adopt SMA connector and cable,
the distance will become much longer.

Thanks,
Owen

Site Timeline