Using a different editor for ISE 5

Hello, Is there a way that I can (within ISE 5) use a different editor? I want the editor to be integrated into the ISE system but I want to use a different editor. The feature that I most want is automatic formating of indents, etc. ISE does a good job, but if I screw up when I put in a new block of code I want to add auto-indent (like that available in Matlab). Folks at Xilinx.... Take this as a hint.

Thanks, Theron Hicks

Reply to
Theron Hicks

Why does it have to be "within ISE"? If you edit a file with an external editor and save it, ISE will see that it has changed and will get rid of all the green check marks to indicate the project has to be recompiled.

--
My real email is akamail.com@dclark (or something like that).
Reply to