using 8051 and converted XSVF to download Spartan3

Hi,

I am developing the firmware for a development system. Ths system ha

the 8051 chip and spartan3. 8051 has its PORTC(0, 1, 2) connect t TDMI, TCK and TMS of SP3. 8051 read a file through USB and generat wavefomr of JTAG control singals. Since we are not going to verifi and the JTAG TCK is fairly slow, we do not use TDO and TDO just has

4.7K pullup and has no other signal conncet to it

The download file is generate by

- using IMPACT to generat the XVF fil

- using xvf2xsvf502.exe to generate XSVF fil

- using XPLAY to generate a TDI/TMS bit stream file from XSVF. XPLA is ued to drive the printer port, I just monitor the bit send t print port and save it into a data file

Question is

- is the new version of xvf2xsvf502 support spartan3? Or it is generic tool and should support all

- XSVF file can be generated directly from IMPACT, comparing the fil size of the XSVF generated with xvf2xsvf502 and the one directl generated by IMPACT, I can see the file size is different. So an reason

- since the board also has a JTAG connector, so I can download the bi map using IMPACT directly. This works fine. But when I take the dat file converted from xsvf file and download FPGA through 8051, it doe not finish correctly (the done signal of SP3 will not go up)

I am pretty new to FPGA development. Your suggest is appreciate

thanks in advance

fran

Reply to
frank fu